Gold's Gym Housekeeping Associates/ Porters are vital members of the gym staff team. They ensure that the facility is clean and meets the expectations of members. Housekeeping Associates will be responsible for any combination of cleaning duties on the gym floor, equipment, and locker rooms.
Housekeeping Associates perform any combination of light cleaning duties to maintain the gym in a clean and orderly manner. Some of the various duties housekeepers have include:
- Cleans outside glass
- Wipes down equipment, doors and floors as necessary
- Empties trash receptacles daily
- Sweeps and mops floors/stairwells/staircases
- Cleans carpets and floors as needed
- Changes light bulbs as necessary
- Cleans all fitness equipment, bathrooms (tile, tub, walls and sink), mirrors and glass,
- Dusts furniture and fixtures daily
- Cleans the management offices weekly
- Mops and sweeps lobby floors
- Cleans the locker room (sweeps, mops, trash removal, dusts, cleans out lint); buffs locker/lobby room floor
- Maintains and organizes mops, brooms, vacuum cleaners and other equipment/supplies in good condition in designated storage areas
- Picks up debris on carpet and vacuums carpet
- Replaces or adds required supplies in locker rooms and restrooms
- Cleans vacuum cleaner bags or canister daily
- Reports maintenance problems in an accurate and timely matter
- Performs monthly/ weekly deep cleanings as assigned by management, such as window cleaning, equipment dusting, spot-cleaning walls, etc.
- At least three (3) months experience in housekeeping or janitorial services and three (3) months customer service experience desired; experience in hospitality or health clubs is a plus
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Must have excellent organization, interpersonal and time management skills
- Must have proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Must be able to collaborate and work as part of a team in a professional manner
Today Gold’s Gym is the most recognized name in fitness serving more than 3 million members in 38 states and 28 countries around the world. Always at the forefront of the fitness revolution, Gold’s Gym has continually evolved its profile by equipping gyms with the best amenities, the latest in cardio and strength training equipment and functional training areas as well as the most dynamic group exercise programs including Zumba, yoga, group cycling, mixed martial arts, muscle endurance training, and Pilates. We also offer signature classes which include GRIT, P90X, and RIP 60.
Gold’s Gym is growing and looking for new team members to help us redefine strength. We’ll challenge your skills, talents and abilities and reward your every success. Ask yourself if you have what it takes. Become an active participant in our growth and you’ll share in the rewards for your efforts.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)